AAC opponents meet when the Wichita State Shockers (14-12, 5-9 AAC) welcome in the East Carolina Pirates (15-13, 6-10 AAC) at Charles Koch Arena, beginning at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, March 5, 2022.
The Shockers defeated Tulsa 72-62 and covered the spread as 3-point favorites, while going under the 135.5 point total in their last outing on Wednesday. Tyson Etienne scored a team-high 18 points in the victory. The Pirates defeated Tulsa 64-59 and covered the spread as 1.5-point favorites, while falling short of the 138.5 point total in their most recent game on Saturday. Tristen Newton racked up a team-high 27 points in the victory.
See everything you need to know about this NCAA men’s basketball game including the date, time, TV channel and how to stream it live online for free. Watch this game live in the US on FuboTV (7-day free trial).
Watch Wichita State vs. East Carolina with fuboTV
- Game Day: Saturday, March 5, 2022
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: Watch online with fuboTV!
Who are the key players for Wichita State?
- Etienne leads the Shockers scoring 15.0 points per game.
- Morris Udeze paces Wichita State with 6.1 rebounds per game and Craig Porter Jr. leads the team with 3.6 assists per matchup.
- Etienne hits 2.7 treys per game to lead the Shockers.
- Porter averages 1.6 steals and 1.1 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Wichita State.
Who are the key players for East Carolina?
- Newton’s points (17.4 per game) and assists (5.0 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Pirates’ leaderboards.
- Vance Jackson is at the top of the East Carolina rebounding leaderboard with 5.8 rebounds per game. He also scores 13.1 points and tacks on 1.3 assists per game.
- Jackson makes 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Pirates.
- East Carolina’s leader in steals is Tremont Robinson-White (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Ludgy Debaut (0.8 per game).
Key stats for Wichita State vs. East Carolina
- This season, the Shockers have a 40.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.0% lower than the 43.1% of shots the Pirates’ opponents have made.
- Wichita State has a 3-4 record against the spread and a 5-2 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 43.1% from the field.
- The Pirates have shot at a 40.7% clip from the field this season, 0.8 percentage points below the 41.5% shooting opponents of the Shockers have averaged.
- This season, East Carolina has a 9-2 record against the spread and an 8-4 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 41.5% from the field.
- Wichita State has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall when the team connects on more than 35.6% of its three-point attempts.
- East Carolina is 10-5 against the spread and 11-5 overall when shooting above 31.6% as a team from three-point range.
- The Shockers connect on 7.7 three-pointers per game this season, just 0.1 more makes per game than the Pirates allow (7.6).
- Wichita State has gone 7-6-0 against the spread and 9-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When East Carolina makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 6-8-0 ATS and 5-9 straight up.
- The Pirates are the 161st ranked three-point shooting team in college basketball, while the Shockers give up the 93rd-fewest makes from deep.
Who is favored to win Wichita State vs. East Carolina?
If you want to watch the game live from the United States, tune in to fuboTV (7 Day Free Trial Streaming).
Get the latest news and rumors, customized to your favorite sports and teams. Emailed daily. Always free!